Skip to Main Content
Sticky-board trap for measuring dispersal of spruce budworm larvaeAuthor(s): Daniel T. Jennings; Mark W. Houseweart
Source: Res. Pap. NE-526. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiement Station. 7p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.29 MB)
DescriptionDescribes a new sticky-board trap for measuring early-larval dispersal of the spruce budworm, Choristoneura fumiferana (Clem.), and evaluates trap-board color and screened versus unscreened traps. Dispersing spruce budworm larvae showed no preference for trap color; fewer nontarget arthropods were caught on dark-colored than on light-colored traps. Screened traps caught significantly more spruce budworm larvae than unscreened traps, and they were easier to examine.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJennings, Daniel T.; Houseweart, Mark W. 1983. Sticky-board trap for measuring dispersal of spruce budworm larvae. Res. Pap. NE-526. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiement Station. 7p.
KeywordsChoristoneura fumiferana, larval dispersal, trap color, trap design, sampling methods
- Field Comparison of Spruce Budworm Pheromone Lures
- Comparison of naturally and synthetically baited spruce beetle trapping systems in the central Rocky Mountains
- Red-breasted nuthatches detect early increases in spruce budworm populations
XML: View XML