Skip to Main Content
System 6: rough-mill operating manualAuthor(s): Hugh W. Reynolds
Source: Res. Pap. NE-542. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiement Station. 27p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (4.76 MB)
DescriptionIncludes operating instructions for the System 6 rough mill. Techniques are shown for making standard-size blanks, in all lengths, for each of 13 blank quality/width/thickness combinations.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationReynolds, Hugh W. 1984. System 6: rough-mill operating manual. Res. Pap. NE-542. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiement Station. 27p.
Keywordslow-grade utilization, hardwood dimension
- System 6: A pricing strategy for long blanks
- Standard-Size Blanks for Furniture and Cabinets
- Testing glueline continuity in standard-size hardwood blanks by mechanical methods
XML: View XML