Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Bent Creek demonstration programAuthor(s): Erik C. Berg
Source: In: Communicating the role of silviculture in managing the national forests: Proceedings of the National Silviculture Workshop. 1997 May 19-22; Warren, PA.: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-238. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 153-154.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (117.39 KB)
DescriptionBent Creek Research and Demonstration Forest scientists have transferred the results of research on the ecology and management of Southern Appalachian hardwoods since 1925. Since 1989, a full-time technology transfer specialist has led demonstration efforts. The demonstration program was designed to quickly transfer research results to interested users, and free-up scientists to conduct research. Tours of the experimental forest, a large photo point program, customized demonstration publications, short course offerings, and publications are the focal points of the Bent Creek program.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBerg, Erik C. 1997. Bent Creek demonstration program. In: Communicating the role of silviculture in managing the national forests: Proceedings of the National Silviculture Workshop. 1997 May 19-22; Warren, PA.: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-238. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 153-154.
- Bent Creek demonstration program
- Technology transfer: taking science from the books to the ground at Bent Creek Experimental Forest
- Communicating old-growth forest management on the Allegheny National Forest
XML: View XML