Skip to Main Content
Evaluation of non-invasive trunk sprays and trunk-injected emamectic benzoateAuthor(s): Deborah G. McCullough; D.L. Cappaert; T.M. Poland; A.C. Anulewicz; P. Lewis; J. Molongoski
Source: In: Mastro, Victor; Lance, David; Reardon, Richard; Parra, Gregory, comps. Emerald ash borer research and development meeting; 2007 October 23-24; Pittsburgh, PA. FHTET 2008-07. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 40-42.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (102.42 KB)
DescriptionIn 2007, we continued to evaluate two neo-nicotinoid insecticides, imidacloprid and dinotefuron, applied as non-invasive trunk sprays to control emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire. Neo-nicotinoid products are widely used to protect landscape ash trees because they are relatively safe for humans and non-target species. These systemic products generally applied annually to the soil or via trunk injection and the insecticide is translocated to the canopy. Adult EAB, which must feed on ash leaves for at least two weeks and often longer before oviposition occurs, encounter the insecticide in the foliage.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcCullough, Deborah G.; Cappaert, D.L.; Poland, T.M.; Anulewicz, A.C.; Lewis, P.; Molongoski, J. 2008. Evaluation of non-invasive trunk sprays and trunk-injected emamectic benzoate. In: Mastro, Victor; Lance, David; Reardon, Richard; Parra, Gregory, comps. Emerald ash borer research and development meeting; 2007 October 23-24; Pittsburgh, PA. FHTET 2008-07. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 40-42.
- Using a cellular model to explore human-facilitated spread of risk of EAB in Minnesota
- Invasion genetics of emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire)
- Host range of emerald ash borer
XML: View XML