Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Imidacloprid concentration effects on adult emerald ash borer: a greenhouse studyAuthor(s): David Cappaert; Deborah G. McCullough; Therese M. Poland; Phil Lewis; John Molongoski
Source: In: Mastro, Victor; Lance, David; Reardon, Richard; Parra, Gregory, comps. Emerald ash borer research and development meeting; 2007 October 23-24; Pittsburgh, PA. FHTET 2008-07. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 43-44.
Publication Series: Program Aid
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (106 KB)
DescriptionImidacloprid is the active ingredient of many widely used products applied to control the emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire, in valuable urban trees. Systemic treatment with imidacloprid is typically made in the spring to reduce the number of larvae that would otherwise be generated by oviposition during the summer. Substantial evidence suggests that imidacloprid suppresses larval density indirectly by its effects on survival and/or reproductive performance of adults interacting with treated foliage.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCappaert, David; McCullough, Deborah G.; Poland, Therese M.; Lewis, Phil; Molongoski, John. 2008. Imidacloprid concentration effects on adult emerald ash borer: a greenhouse study. In: Mastro, Victor; Lance, David; Reardon, Richard; Parra, Gregory, comps. Emerald ash borer research and development meeting; 2007 October 23-24; Pittsburgh, PA. FHTET 2008-07. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 43-44.
- Distribution of trunk-injected 14C-imidacloprid in ash trees and effects on emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) adults
- Evaluation of trunk injections for control of emerald ash borer
- Evaluation of non-invasive trunk sprays and trunk-injected emamectic benzoate
XML: View XML