Skip to Main Content
The '06 trap trees in '07Author(s): Andrea C. Anulewicz; Deborah G. McCullough; Therese M. Poland; David Cappaert
Source: In: Mastro, Victor; Lance, David; Reardon, Richard; Parra, Gregory, comps. Emerald ash borer research and development meeting; 2007 October 23-24; Pittsburgh, PA. FHTET 2008-07. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 71-72.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (91.26 KB)
DescriptionTo date, use of girdled trap trees remain the most effective method employed by regulatory and resource management agencies for detecting low-density populations of emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire. Locating suitable trees can be difficult, and felling and debarking trap trees is expensive. Alternative options for EAB detection could include enhancing the attraction of adult EAB to ash trees without requiring destruction of the trees.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAnulewicz, Andrea C.; McCullough, Deborah G.; Poland, Therese M.; Cappaert, David. 2008. The ''06 trap trees in ''07. In: Mastro, Victor; Lance, David; Reardon, Richard; Parra, Gregory, comps. Emerald ash borer research and development meeting; 2007 October 23-24; Pittsburgh, PA. FHTET 2008-07. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 71-72.
- Optimization of visual trapping methodology for the emerald ash borer, Agrilus planipennis
- Density of emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) adults and larvae at three stages of the invasion wave
- Detection of emerald ash borer, Agrilus planipennis, at low population density
XML: View XML