Skip to Main Content
Obstacles to Industrial Implementation of Scanning SystemsAuthor(s): Anders Astrom; Olog Broman; John Graffman; Anders Gronlund; Armas Jappinene; Jari Luostarinen; Jan Nystrom; Daniel L. Schmoldt
Source: Technical Report, Proceedings from the 3rd International Seminar/Workshop on Scanning Technology and Image Processing on Wood, Skellefte, Sweden
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (41 KB)
DescriptionInitially the group discussed what is meant by scanning systems. An operational definition was adopted to consider scanning system in the current context to be nontraditional scanning. Where, traditional scanning is defined as scanning that has been industrially operational and relatively common for several years-a mature technology. For example, log profile scanning would be considered traditional, whereas other forms of optical scanning, as well as ultrasonic scanning, microwave scanning, x-ray scanning, etc., would be treated as nontraditional, and fall within the purview of this discussion. These latter scanning systems do not yet qualify as mature technologies.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAstrom, Anders; Broman, Olog; Graffman, John; Gronlund, Anders; Jappinene, Armas; Luostarinen, Jari; Nystrom, Jan; Schmoldt, Daniel L. 1998. Obstacles to Industrial Implementation of Scanning Systems. Technical Report, Proceedings from the 3rd International Seminar/Workshop on Scanning Technology and Image Processing on Wood, Skellefte, Sweden
- Nondestructive evaluation of hardwood logs:CT scanning, machine vision and data utilization
- Automated Lumber Processing
- What's ahead in automated lumber grading
XML: View XML