Skip to Main Content
Formulation and application of methoxychlor for elm bark beetle controlAuthor(s): R. A. Cuthbert; J. H. Barger; A. C. Lincoln; P. A. Reed
Source: Res. Pap. NE-283. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 6p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (801.34 KB)
DescriptionAmerican elm trees, Ulmus americana L., were sprayed with different formulations of methoxychlor by mistblower, hydraulic sprayer or helicopter. Twig-crotches were collected from sprayed trees for GLC assay and Scolytus multistriatus (Marsham) bioassay. Hydraulic deposits were heaviest but the mistblower was more efficient in terms of amount deposited per pound of methoxychlor sprayed. Helicopter deposits were light on lower branches but were comparable to mistblower and hydraulic deposits in tops of trees, where protection is needed most.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCuthbert, R. A.; Barger, J. H.; Lincoln, A. C.; Reed, P. A. 1973. Formulation and application of methoxychlor for elm bark beetle control. Res. Pap. NE-283. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 6p.
- Dutch Elm Disease and Methoxychlor
- Statistical correlations between GLC assay and smaller European elm bark beetle bioassay
- Dutch elm disease pathogen transmission by the banded elm bark beetle Scolytus schevyrewi
XML: View XML