Skip to Main Content
Recommended action for the wood-flooring industry to secure its share of the urban rehabilitation marketAuthor(s): Robert L., Jr. Nevel
Source: Res. Pap. NE-287. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 5p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (761.57 KB)
DescriptionUrban rehabilitation is a major market for wood flooring, but if wood flooring is to continue to be used to any great extent in urban rehabilitation, it must be made more acceptable to the building contractor and housing owner. Changes in distribution, supply, and pricing could make wood flooring more readily available; product modification could reduce its short-term costs; and other changes could make wood flooring more economical and compatible with present working methods.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNevel, Robert L., Jr. 1974. Recommended action for the wood-flooring industry to secure its share of the urban rehabilitation market. Res. Pap. NE-287. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 5p.
- Factors affecting the use of hardwood flooring in urban rehabilitation
- Nondestructive methods for the structural evaluation of wood floor systems in historic buildings : preliminary results : [abstract]
- Benefits of restoring ecosystem services in urban areas
XML: View XML