Skip to Main Content
T-H-A-T-S: timber-harvesting-and-transport-simulator: with subroutines for Appalachian loggingAuthor(s): A. Jeff Martin
Source: Res. Pap. NE-316. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 32p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.27 MB)
DescriptionA computer program for simulating harvesting operations is presented. Written in FORTRAN IV, the program contains subroutines that were developed for Appalachian logging conditions. However, with appropriate modifications, the simulator would be applicable for most logging operations and locations. The details of model development and its methodology are presented, along with generalized flow charts. Each component of the simulator (felling, skidding, etc.) is discussed individually. Input requirements and program output are presented in detail with the aid of information for an example logging operation.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMartin, A. Jeff. 1975. T-H-A-T-S: timber-harvesting-and-transport-simulator: with subroutines for Appalachian logging. Res. Pap. NE-316. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 32p.
- Development of regional stump-to-mill logging cost estimators
- Log sort yard economics, planning, and feasibility
- Sawmill simulation and the best opening face system : a user`s guide
XML: View XML