Skip to Main Content
Making Nature-based Tourism Contribute to Sustainable Development: A Policy FrameworkAuthor(s): Jan Laarman; Hans Gregersen
Source: Policy Brief: The Enviromental and Natural Resources Policy and Training Project
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (180 KB)
DescriptionRevenues from ecotourism or nature-based tourism in 1988 were estimated as one-fourth the total of some $55 billion earned from tourism in developing countries. Ecotourism provides substantial flows of hard currencies to several economies of the developming world.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLaarman, Jan; Gregersen, Hans. 1994. Making Nature-based Tourism Contribute to Sustainable Development: A Policy Framework. Policy Brief: The Enviromental and Natural Resources Policy and Training Project
- From nature tourism to ecotourism? The case of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania.
- Indigenous ecotourism in preserving and empowering Mayan natural and cultural values at Palenque, Mexico
- Ecotourism (Ecoturismo)
XML: View XML