Skip to Main Content
An international nomenclature for forest work studyAuthor(s): Rolf Bjorheden; Michael A. Thompson
Source: In: Field, David B., ed. Proceedings of IUFRO 1995 S3.04 Subject Area: 20th World Congress; Tampere, Finland. Orono, Maine: University of Maine: 190-215
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.82 MB)
DescriptionKnowledge gained in the study of forest work is used to improve operational efficiency through better planning and control of future work. Internationally recognized standard methods for recording, evaluating and reporting performance in forest work will greatly enhance the usefulness of this information to managers and planners. A subcommittee of IUFRO Working Party S3.04.02 (Work study; payment, labour productivity) has completed work on a standard nomenclature for time and cost concepts (Appendix I). This report outlines the details of the nomenclature agreed upon. Of particular interest is the relationship between observed time and standard time. The nomenclature in this document is used to develop unbiased estimates through direct observation. The observed times that result can then be used to develop standard times. This process does not destroy observed information; therefore, this nomenclature is considered compatible with both observed and standard time systems.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBjorheden, Rolf; Thompson, Michael A. 2000. An international nomenclature for forest work study. In: Field, David B., ed. Proceedings of IUFRO 1995 S3.04 Subject Area: 20th World Congress; Tampere, Finland. Orono, Maine: University of Maine: 190-215
KeywordsStandards, nomenclature, work study, productivity, cost, forest operations
- An international nomenclature for forest work study
- An Integrated Social, Economic, and Ecologic Conceptual (ISEEC) framework for considering rangeland sustainability
- Developing and validating a method for monitoring and tracking changes in southern pine beetle hazard at the landscape level
XML: View XML