Skip to Main Content
Pulpwood production in the northeast: 1982Author(s): Richard H. Widmann
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-79. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 22p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.54 MB)
DescriptionThis annual assessment of regional pulpwood production and receipts is based on a canvass of the pulpmills in the Northeast that use roundwood or wood residue as a basic raw material for paper, insulation board, and hardboard products. The report includes a discussion and tabular data on roundwood and manufacturing residues produced and received in 14 Northeastern States in 1982. This includes pulpwood production by state, county, and species group; pulpwood receipts from roundwood by state and species group; residue chip receipts by state and species group; production of whole-tree chips by state; and import and export of wood from Canada. Pulpwood production in 1982 was 8,452,200 cords, 2 percent more than 1981. This was a continuation of the record high levels of production begun in 1978. The production of manufacturing residues dropped for the third year in a row. Mills made up for this by increasing their use of roundwood, which reached an all-time high in 1982. Receipts of pulpwood at mills in the Northeast were 9 million cords for the fourth consecutive year. A list of woodpulp mills that receive northeastern pulpwood is included.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWidmann, Richard H. 1983. Pulpwood production in the northeast: 1982. Resour. Bull. NE-79. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 22p.
- Northeastern pulpwood, 1977 - an annual assessment of regional timber output
- Northeastern pulpwood, 1979 - an annual assessment of regional timber output
- Northeastern Pulpwood, 1978 - an annual assessment of regional timber output
XML: View XML