Skip to Main Content
An analysis of New York's timber resourcesAuthor(s): Thomas J., Jr. Considine
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-80. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 70p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (9.98 MB)
DescriptionThis report presents an analysis of the results of the third forest survey of New York as well as trends that have occurred since the previous surveys. Topics include forest area by ownership, stand size, and forest type; timber volume by species, location, and quality; biomass; timber products output for sawlogs, pulpwood, and fuelwood; and growth and removals. Forest area, volume, and growth and removals are projected through 2010. Also identified are forest management opportunities for increasing the production of major forest resources from New York's forests.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationConsidine, Thomas J., Jr. 1984. An analysis of New York''s timber resources. Resour. Bull. NE-80. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 70p.
- Forest statistics for New York--1980
- Wood Removals and Timber Use in New York, 1993
- Forest Statistics for Ohio--1979
XML: View XML