Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Maine: 1971 and 1982Author(s): Douglas S. Powell; David R. Dickson
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-81. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 194p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (13.65 MB)
DescriptionA statistical report on the third forest survey of Maine (1982) and reprocessed data from the second survey (1971). Results of the surveys are displayed in a 169 tables containing estimates of forest and timberland area, numbers of trees, timber volume, tree biomass, timber products output, and components of average annual net change in growing-stock volume for the period between surveys. These estimates were developed by several classifications including forest type, ownership, species, size, and quality. Data are presented at three levels: state, geographic sampling unit, and county.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPowell, Douglas S.; Dickson, David R. 1984. Forest statistics for Maine: 1971 and 1982. Resour. Bull. NE-81. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 194p.
- Forest statistics for West Virginia--1975 and 1989
- Forest statistics for Pennsylvania--1978 and 1989
- Forest Statistics for Kentucky - 1975 and 1988
XML: View XML