Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Maine: 1971 and 1982Author(s): Douglas S. Powell; David R. Dickson
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-81. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 194p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (13.65 MB)
DescriptionA statistical report on the third forest survey of Maine (1982) and reprocessed data from the second survey (1971). Results of the surveys are displayed in a 169 tables containing estimates of forest and timberland area, numbers of trees, timber volume, tree biomass, timber products output, and components of average annual net change in growing-stock volume for the period between surveys. These estimates were developed by several classifications including forest type, ownership, species, size, and quality. Data are presented at three levels: state, geographic sampling unit, and county.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPowell, Douglas S.; Dickson, David R. 1984. Forest statistics for Maine: 1971 and 1982. Resour. Bull. NE-81. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 194p.
- Forest Statistics for Kentucky - 1975 and 1988
- Forest statistics for West Virginia--1975 and 1989
- Forest statistics for Pennsylvania--1978 and 1989
XML: View XML