Skip to Main Content
Maine timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber outputAuthor(s): Robert L., Jr. Nevel; Peter R. Lammert; Richard H. Widmann
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-83. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 42p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (7.83 MB)
DescriptionThis periodic evaluation of statewide industrial timber output is based on a survey of the primary wood manufacturing plants located in Maine in 1981. It contains statistics on industrial timber harvest and plant wood reciepts and on the production and disposition of the manufacturing residues for the year. The 438.7 million ft? (12.4 million m?) of industrial roundwood produced in 1981 represented a 12 percent increase in production since 1970 when similar information was reported in detail. The production of sawlogs, pulpwood, and many other products increased during the period. Other trends in industrial product output and the use of manufacturing residue are presented along with 25 statistical tables.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNevel, Robert L., Jr.; Lammert, Peter R.; Widmann, Richard H. 1985. Maine timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output. Resour. Bull. NE-83. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 42p.
- The timber industries of New Hampshire and Vermont: a periodic assessment of timber output
- Pennsylvania timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
- Ohio timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
XML: View XML