Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Ohio timber products output - 1983Author(s): Richard H. Widmann; Michael Long
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-95. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 29p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (4.24 MB)
DescriptionThe total industrial harvest in Ohio was over 82 million cubic feet in 1983. This was up 17 percent since 1978. Sawlogs accounted for 57 percent of the total and pulpwood accounted for 36 percent. During this 5-year period, sawlog production was up 7 percent to 318.3 million board feet, and total pulpwood production was up 24 percent to 461.8 thousand cords. Consumption of sawlogs at Ohio mills rose 19 percent with 17 percent of the receipts coming from neighboring states. The use of manufacturing residues produced at Ohio mills increased from 79 percent to 93 percent. The largest use of residues was for fuel.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWidmann, Richard H.; Long, Michael. 1986. Ohio timber products output - 1983. Resour. Bull. NE-95. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 29p.
- Wisconsin timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1994.
- Southern pulpwood production, 1968
- Michigan timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1994.
XML: View XML