Skip to Main Content
Veneer log production and receipts in the Northeast, 1984 - a periodic assessment of regional timber outputAuthor(s): Robert L. Nevel, Jr.; Eric H. Wharton
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-98. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 17p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (1.38 MB)
DescriptionDuring 1984, 187.3 million board feet (816,600 m?) of veneer logs were harvested from northeastern timberlands. In 1984, 30.5 more million board feet (133,000 m?) of veneer logs were harvested than in 1980 - the second consecutive 19-percent increase over the past two 4-year periods. Most of the veneer logs came from Maine, Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania. The Northeast's manufacturers of veneer received 153.8 million board feet (670,600 m?) of veneer logs during 1984, 33.3 million board feet, or 28 percent, more than that received in 1980. The veneer mills in the Northeast generated 14.2 million cubic feet of manufacturing residues in 1984 - nearly all of which was used for wood fiber, fuel, and agricultural uses.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNevel, Jr., Robert L.; Wharton, Eric H. 1987. Veneer log production and receipts in the Northeast, 1984 - a periodic assessment of regional timber output. Resour. Bull. NE-98. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 17p.
- Production and receipts of veneer logs in the Southeastern and Midsouth States, 1988
- Veneer, 1976 - a periodic assessment of regional timber output
- Louisiana's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1999
XML: View XML