Skip to Main Content
Program VSMOKE--Users ManualAuthor(s): Leonidas G. Lavdas
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-6. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 156 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (2.43 MB)
DescriptionThis is a users manual for VSMOKE, a computer porgram for predicting the smoke and dry weather visibility impact of a singel prescvribed fire at several downwind locations. VSMOKE is a FORTRAN 77 program that depends on the input in file VSMOKE.IPT to generate output in file compatible with those used by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. VSMOKE is uniquely talored as a plume model for a low to mderate intensity ground fire as an emissions source.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLavdas, Leonidas G. 1996. Program VSMOKE--Users Manual. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-6. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 156 p.
KeywordsComputer models, prescribed fire, smoke, visibility, VSMOKE
- Users Guide to VSMOKE-GIS for Workstations
- Internet VSMOKE: A user-oriented system for smoke management
- Estimating Stability Class in the Field
XML: View XML