Skip to Main Content
History and results of the Northern Forest Health Monitoring ProgramAuthor(s): Charles J. Barnett
Source: In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 8-13.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (327.72 KB)
DescriptionForest Health Monitoring (FHM) Program was established because of a concern that the forests in the United States were declining. The program was established to monitor the state of and changes in forest conditions across the nation. This report looks at the distributions of trees into various rating categories for three variables collected on the FHM plots from 1991 through 1997. Based on these distributions, some year to year fluctuations are seen in the samples, attributed mostly to changes in the sample composition. Future analyses will need to control these differences in sample composition and will need to look at trends across the same set of trees.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBarnett, Charles J. 2000. History and results of the Northern Forest Health Monitoring Program. In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 8-13.
- Forest health monitoring in the United States: focus on national reports
- FHM lichen community results from Wyoming, 1997: a preliminary summary
- The hexagon/panel system for selecting FIA plots under an annual inventory
XML: View XML