Skip to Main Content
Family Forest Owners of the United States, 2006Author(s): Brett J. Butler
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-27. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 72 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (2.13 MB)
DescriptionThis report summarizes results from the U.S. Forest Service's National Woodland Owner Survey of the estimated 10 million family forest owners who own 264 million acres (35 percent) of forest land in the United States. We collected information between 2002 and 2006 on family forest owners' forest holding characteristics, ownership histories, ownership objectives, forest uses, forest management practices, preferred methods for receiving information, concerns, future intentions, and demographics. National, regional, and state summary tables are included.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationButler, Brett J. 2008. Family Forest Owners of the United States, 2006. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-27. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 72 p.
Keywordslandowner survey, National Woodland Owner Survey, nonindustrial private forest owner
- Family Forest Ownerships of the United States, 2013: Findings from the USDA Forest Service's National Woodland Owner Survey
- USDA Forest Service National Woodland Owner Survey, 2011-2013: design, implementation, and estimation methods
- The Role of Gender in Management Behaviors on Family Forest Lands in the United States
XML: View XML