Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Forest productivity: an integrated research and development programAuthor(s): Daniel C. Dey; Thomas R. Crow; Don E. Riemenschneider
Source: In: Van Sambeek, J. W.; Dawson, Jeffery O.; Ponder Jr., Felix; Loewenstein, Edward F.; Fralish, James S., eds. Proceedings of the 13th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-234. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 404
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (20.46 KB)
DescriptionIn 2000, the North Central Research Station initiated the Forest Productivity Integrated Research Program (North Central Research Station 2001). This program combines the efforts of scientists from across the Station's 13 research work units to examine the current condition of the forests in the North Central Region and their prospects for producing wood and fiber. The overall goal is to develop the scientific knowledge and tools needed to increase and maintain forest productivity and the supply of forest products in the North Central Region. The challenge is to optimize productivity and availability of forest products using sustainable silvicultural systems that are socially acceptable, economically viable, and ecologically feasible.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDey, Daniel C.; Crow, Thomas R.; Riemenschneider, Don E. 2003. Forest productivity: an integrated research and development program. In: Van Sambeek, J. W.; Dawson, Jeffery O.; Ponder Jr., Felix; Loewenstein, Edward F.; Fralish, James S., eds. Proceedings of the 13th Central Hardwood Forest Conference; Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-234. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station: 404
- Forest productivity: producing goods and services for people
- Hybrid poplars: fast-growing, disease-resistant species has multiple uses
- Cone and seed yields in white spruce seed production areas
XML: View XML