Skip to Main Content
Selection of plot remeasurement in an annual inventoryAuthor(s): Mark H. Hansen; Hans T. Schreuder; Dave Heinzen
Source: In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 67-78.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (666.27 KB)
DescriptionA plot selection approach is proposed based on experience from the Annual Forest Inventory System (AFIS) in the Aspen-Birch Unit of northeastern Minnesota. The emphasis is on a mixture of strategies. Although the Agricultural Act of 1998 requires that a fixed 20 percent of plots be measured each year in each state, sooner or later we will need to vary the scheme to accommodate pressing user needs and budget constraints while still preserving the integrity of the annualized cycle. Differing probabilities of selection will need to be accommodated; variance and confidence interval estimation can be done using bootstrap methods.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHansen, Mark H.; Schreuder, Hans T.; Heinzen, Dave. 2000. Selection of plot remeasurement in an annual inventory. In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 67-78.
- Selection of Plot Remeasurement in an Annual Inventory
- The AFIS tree growth model for updating annual forest inventories in Minnesota
- Distribution and extent of tree mortality in North Central hardwood forests
XML: View XML