Skip to Main Content
Setting monitoring objectives for landscape-size areasAuthor(s): Craig M. Olson; Dean Angelides
Source: In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 145-147.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (183.79 KB)
DescriptionThe setting of objectives for monitoring schemes for landscape-size areas should be a complex task in today's regulatory and sociopolitical atmosphere. The technology available today, the regulatory environment, and the sociopolitical considerations require multiresource inventory and monitoring schemes, whether tile ownership is industrial or for preservation. Monitoring is essential so that we know if we are meeting our management objectives,
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOlson, Craig M.; Angelides, Dean. 2000. Setting monitoring objectives for landscape-size areas. In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 145-147.
- Using DCOM to support interoperability in forest ecosystem management decision support systems
- Estimating US federal wildland fire managers' preferences toward competing strategic suppression objectives
- Unprocessed Atmospheric Nitrate in Waters of the Northern Forest Region in the U.S. and Canada
XML: View XML