Skip to Main Content
Pseudo-CFI for industrial forest inventoriesAuthor(s): Francis A. Roesch
Source: In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 165-170.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (369.77 KB)
DescriptionCorporate inventory systems have historically had a greater spatial and temporal intensity than is common in the public sector. For many corporations, these inventory systems might be described as dynamic in that current estimates rely on a small amount of recent data and a large amount of information resulting from the imputation of older data that have been subjected to various growth and mortality models. Usually the "best available" models are used for this purpose, with little attention paid to any population dynamics that may have occurred since development of the models. This paper gives the theory and an example application of a family of sample designs that possess continuous forest inventory (CFI) attributes. This family of Pseudo-CFI sample designs was devised to facilitate the incorporation of a continuous monitoring and calibration mechanism for the imputed data.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoesch, Francis A. 2000. Pseudo-CFI for industrial forest inventories. In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 165-170.
- Pseudo-CFI for industrial forest industries
- Imputatoin and Model-Based Updating Technique for Annual Forest Inventories
- The use of multiple imputation in the Southern Annual Forest Inventory System
XML: View XML