Skip to Main Content
An annualized forest inventory for NebraskaAuthor(s): Hans T. Schreuder; Tom D. Wardle
Source: In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 171-175.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (389.49 KB)
DescriptionThis paper addresses opportunities presented to states by an annualized forest inventory system, to be conducted by the Forest Inventory and Analysis program of the USDA Forest Service, and concerns about these inventories. The importance of a balanced approach in assessing timber and nontimber attributes is emphasized, and the paramount importance of maintaining and even increasing the credibility and utility of inventories is discussed. Annualized inventories appear to be a very good idea for Nebraska if implemented properly. A key issue facing forestry and agriculture in Nebraska is used to illustrate how annualized inventories can be more informative than the previously implemented periodic surveys in managing a state's land resources.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchreuder, Hans T.; Wardle, Tom D. 2000. An annualized forest inventory for Nebraska. In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 171-175.
- Nebraska's forests, 2005: statistics, methods, and quality assurance
- Nebraska's forest resources, 2006
- Nebraska's forest resources in 2001
XML: View XML