Skip to Main Content
North Dakota's forest resources in 2005Author(s): David E. Haugen; Gary J. Brand; Michael Kangas
Source: Resour. Bull. NC-267. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 20 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: North Central Research Station
Download Publication (326.02 KB)
DescriptionThis report completes the first 5 years of the annual forest inventory in North Dakota and presents estimates of forest area, volume, and biomass for 2005. It is part of the national effort of annual forest inventory authorized by the 1998 Farm Bill. Sine the third forest inventory, in 1994, total forest land area has increased by 51,000 acres. Private forest land ownership represents more than two-thirds of the total forest land area. Hardwoods make up the majority of forest land acreage within the State, and softwoods represent approximately 5.8 percent of the total forested acreage. The net volume of growing stock on timberland is estimated at 366.8 million cubic feet--a 50-percent increase since the 1980 estimate of 243.7 million cubic feet.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaugen, David E.; Brand, Gary J.; Kangas, Michael. 2006. North Dakota''s forest resources in 2005. Resour. Bull. NC-267. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 20 p.
Keywordsannual inventory, forest area, forest type, volume, biomass, North Dakota
XML: View XML