Skip to Main Content
Mathematical form models of tree trunksAuthor(s): Rudolfs Ozolins
Source: In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 399-406.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (397.36 KB)
DescriptionAssortment structure analysis of tree trunks is a characteristic and proper problem that can be solved by using mathematical modeling and standard computer programs. Mathematical form model of tree trunks consists of tapering curve equations and their parameters. Parameters for nine species were obtained by processing measurements of 2,794 model trees and studying the variability of 53,000 relative diameters.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOzolins, Rudolfs. 2000. Mathematical form models of tree trunks. In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 399-406.
- Selection of fire spread model for Russian fire behavior prediction system
- A mathematical model for predicting fire spread in wildland fuels
- Modeling and validating the grabbing forces of hydraulic log grapples used in forest operations
XML: View XML