Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Eucalyptus Forest Information System for the Portuguese pulp and paper industryAuthor(s): Luis Fonseca; Rita Crespo; Henk Feith; Jose Luis Carvalho; Antonio Macedo; Joao Pedro Pina
Source: In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 453-456.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (253.05 KB)
DescriptionTo support the management of the Portuguese eucalyptus forest, the Association of Portuguese Pulp and Paper Industries (CELPA) decided to develop a Eucalyptus Forest Information System (EFIS). The specific goals of the EFIS are: characterization and development of the eucalyptus forest over time; planning of successive national eucalyptus forest inventories; estimation of sustainable eucalyptus pulpwood yield; development of growth and yield models; and monitoring of mean and current annual increment. This paper gives a concise image of the Portuguese eucalyptus forest and explains the structure of the system and the expected results.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFonseca, Luis; Crespo, Rita; Feith, Henk; Carvalho, Jose Luis; Macedo, Antonio; Pina, Joao Pedro. 2000. Eucalyptus Forest Information System for the Portuguese pulp and paper industry. In: Hansen, Mark; Burk, Tom, eds. Integrated tools for natural resources inventories in the 21st century. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-212. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 453-456.
- Comparative water use in short-rotation Eucalyptus benthamii and Pinus taeda trees in the southern United States
- Projecting potential adoption of genetically engineered freeze-tolerant Eucalyptus in the United States
- Benefits of Eucalyptus-Albizia mixtures vary by site on Hawaii Island
XML: View XML