Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Arkansas' Ouachita counties - 1995Author(s): James F. Rosson; Jack D. London
Source: Resour. Bull. SRS–10. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 47 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (2.81 MB)
DescriptionPeriodic surveys of forest resources are authorized by the Forest Service and Rangeland Renewable Resources Research Act of 1978. These surveys are a continuing, nationwide undertaking by the Regional Experiment Stations of the USDA Forest Service. In the Southern United States, these surveys are conducted by the two Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Research Work Units at the Southern Research Station, Asheville, North Carolina. The two FIA units, one located in Starkville, Mississippi and the other in Asheville, North Carolina, are responsible for inventories of 13 Southern States and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. The primary objective of the surveys is to periodically inventory and evaluate all forests and their related resources. These multi resource data help provide a basis for formulating forest policies and programs and for the orderly development and use of the resources. This report deals only with the extent and condition of forest land, associated timber volumes, and rates of timber growth, mortality, and removals.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRosson, James F., Jr.; London, Jack D. 1997. Forest statistics for Arkansas'' Ouachita counties - 1995. Resour. Bull. SRS–10. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 47 p.
Keywordsarea, forest type, ownership, stand size, volume
- Forest statistics for Arkansas counties - 1995
- Forest statistics for Arkansas' Ozark counties - 1995
- Forest statistics for Arkansas' delta counties - 1995
XML: View XML