Skip to Main Content
SITEQUAL--A User's Guide: Computerized Site Evaluation for 14 Southern Hardwood SpeciesAuthor(s): Constance A. Harrington; Bettina M. Casson
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-62. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 13 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionAn interactive computer program, SITEQUAL, has been developed from the widely-used Baker and Broadfoot field guides, which evaluate site quality for 14 southern hardwood tree species. The SITEQUAL program calculates site index for all species simultaneously and provides a breakdown of site index into the component contributions by each of the four major soil factors defined by Baker and Broadfoot. When the necessary soil-site information is available, SITEQUAL can be used to rapidly evaluate a series of site conditions for all species or to determine the relative sensitivity of these species to specific conditions including past or proposed land use practices.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHarrington, Constance A.; Casson, Bettina M. 1986. SITEQUAL--A User''s Guide: Computerized Site Evaluation for 14 Southern Hardwood Species. Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-62. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 13 p.
- SITEQUAL v2.0—a Fortran program to determine bottomland hardwood site quality
- Site-Species Relationships for Southern Hardwoods
- Growth Predictions for Tree Species Planted on Marginal Soybean Lands in the Lower Mississippi Valley
XML: View XML