Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Arkansas counties - 1988Author(s): F. Dee Hines; John S. Vissage
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-141. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 74 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (2.8 MB)
DescriptionThe tables and figures in this report were derived from data obtained during a recent inventory of the five survey regions and 75 counties in the State of Arkansas (fig. I), Data on forest-nonforest classification using aerial photographs was accomplished for points representing approximately 230 acres. These photo classifications were adjusted based on ground observations at sample locations representing approximately 3,840 acres. Finally, field measurements were made at forest locations on the intersections of grid lines spaced 3 miles apart. At these forest locations, per-acre estimates were obtained from trees measured on ten 37.5 basal area factor prism points.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHines, F. Dee; Vissage, John S. 1988. Forest statistics for Arkansas counties - 1988. Resour. Bull. SO-141. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 74 p.
- Forest statistics for Southwest Mississippi counties - 1987
- Forest statistics for Mississippi counties - 1987
- Forest statistics for Arkansas' Ouachita counties - 1988
XML: View XML