Skip to Main Content
Evaluation of acoustic tomography for tree decay detectionAuthor(s): Shanquing Liang; Xiping Wang; Janice Wiedenbeck; Zhiyong Cai; Feng Fu
Source: In: Proceedings of the 15th international symposium on nondestructive testing of wood; 2007 September 10-12; Duluth, MN. Forest Products Society: 49-54.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.16 MB)
DescriptionIn this study, the acoustic tomography technique was used to detect internal decay in high value black cherry (Prunus seratina) trees. Two-dimensional images of the cross sections of the tree samples were constructed using PiCUS Q70 software. The trees were felled following the field test, and a disc from each testing elevation was subsequently cut and evaluated in the laboratory.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLiang, Shanquing; Wang, Xiping; Wiedenbeck, Janice; Cai, Zhiyong; Fu, Feng. 2008. Evaluation of acoustic tomography for tree decay detection. In: Proceedings of the 15th international symposium on nondestructive testing of wood; 2007 September 10-12; Duluth, MN. Forest Products Society: 49-54.
- Can Prunus serotina be genetically engineered for reproductive sterility and insect pest resistance?
- Development of a rooted cutting propagation method for Prunus serotina
- The Spotted Wing Drosophila, Drosophila suzukii (Diptera: Drosophilidae): A New Pest of Concern for Black Cherry, Prunus serotina, on the High Allegheny Plateau in Pennsylvania
XML: View XML