Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
New England's northeast recreation activity markets: trends in the 90sAuthor(s): Robney B. Warnick
Source: In: Vogelsong, Hans G., comp, ed. Proceedings of the 1997 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1997 April 6 - 9; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-241. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 246-251.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (600.6 KB)
DescriptionThe purpose of this study was to examine activity markets within three major geographic areas in the Northeast for the period of 1994-1996. The activity markets examined included travel activities; recreation/sport activities; outdoor activities; interest in fitness activities and cultural/historic interests. The geographic markets of each activity group were examined by primary, secondary and tertiary markets of Central New England. Findings here indicated that the activity markets with potential to travel to New England show signs of growing; however, there exists considerable variation between the different geographic areas.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWarnick, Robney B. 1998. New England''s northeast recreation activity markets: trends in the 90s. In: Vogelsong, Hans G., comp, ed. Proceedings of the 1997 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1997 April 6 - 9; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-241. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 246-251.
- New England's travel and tourism markets: trends in geographic target markets beyond the 90s--the y2k decade
- New England's travel and recreation markets: trends in the geographic target markets beyond 2000
- New England's travel & tourism markets: trends in the geographic target markets in the 90's
XML: View XML