Skip to Main Content
Recreational user attitudes towards management strategies of Allegany State ParkAuthor(s): Michael Nisengard; Miklos Gratzer
Source: In: Vogelsong, Hans G., comp, ed. Proceedings of the 1997 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1997 April 6 - 9; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-241. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 276-281.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (589.92 KB)
DescriptionThis project examines attitudes towards management strategies of four Allegany State Park recreational user groups: cabin users, recreational vehicle users, tent users, and day users. It investigates recreational user group attitude differences, and attitude change over a ten year time period, in regard to the following park management strategy categories: park attributes, recreation issues, forest management and diversity issues, preservation issues, oil and gas development issues, and nuisance wildlife control issues. Data analysis of the study results indicate that there is a statistically significant difference in recreational user group response to 5 of 49 variables. Comparisons are made between this study and a similar study conducted in 1986 in order to assess change in user attitude over time. From 1986 to 1996, user attitude, evaluated in terms of management significance and not statistical significance, changed in response to only 3 of 46 issues.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNisengard, Michael; Gratzer, Miklos. 1998. Recreational user attitudes towards management strategies of Allegany State Park. In: Vogelsong, Hans G., comp, ed. Proceedings of the 1997 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1997 April 6 - 9; Bolton Landing, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-241. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 276-281.
- Recreation users fees on federal lands: a test of structural change between 1995 and 2003
- A two stage analysis of recreation conflict as a basis for management strategies in the black forest: a methodological contribution
- Outdoor recreation among Asian Americans: A case study of San Francisco Bay Area residents
XML: View XML