Skip to Main Content
SOLVE The performance analyst for hardwood sawmillsAuthor(s): Jeff Palmer; Jan Wiedenbeck; Elizabeth Porterfield
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-43. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 44 p. and 1 CD-ROM.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (2.25 MB)
DescriptionPresents the users manual and CD-ROM for SOLVE, a computer program that helps sawmill managers improve efficiency and solve problems commonly found in hardwood sawmills. SOLVE provides information on key operational factors including log size distribution, lumber grade yields, lumber recovery factor and overrun, and break-even log costs. (Microsoft Windows? Edition)
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPalmer, Jeff; Wiedenbeck, Jan; Porterfield, Elizabeth. 2009. SOLVE The performance analyst for hardwood sawmills. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-43. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 44 p. and 1 CD-ROM.
Keywordsbreak-even, diameter, grade, hardwood, length, logs, lumber, recovery
- Estimating Hardwood Sawmill Conversion Efficiency Based on Sawing Machine and Log.
- Sawmilling practices for hardwoods
- Cost of Sawing Timber (COST) Module (Version 1.0) for Windows®
XML: View XML