Skip to Main Content
The new Brazilian national forest inventoryAuthor(s): Joberto V. de Freitas; Yeda M. M. de Oliveira; Doadi A. Brena; Guilherme L.A. Gomide; Jose Arimatea Silva; <i>et al</i>
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 9-12.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
PDF: Download Publication (210.93 KB)
DescriptionThe new Brazilian national forest inventory (NFI) is being planned to be carried out through five components: (1) general coordination, led by the Brazilian Forest Service; (2) vegetation mapping, which will serve as the basis for sample plot location; (3) field data collection; (4) landscape data collection of 10 x 10-km sample plots, based on high-resolution satellite imagery interpretation; and (5) associated programs. The mapping will be based on 1:250,000-scale topographic maps and China-Brazil Earth Resource Satellite images. The standard sample plot distribution will be based on a systematic grid of 20 x 20 km. The NFI will be held based on a 5-year measurement cycle.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationde Freitas, Joberto V.; de Oliveira, Yeda M. M.; Brena, Doadi A.; Gomide, Guilherme L.A.; Silva, Jose Arimatea; et al 2009. The new Brazilian national forest inventory. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 9-12.
- An accuracy assessment of positions obtained using survey- and recreational-grade Global Positioning System receivers across a range of forest conditions within the Tanana Valley of interior Alaska
- The Finnish national forest inventory
- A test of point-sampling in northern hardwoods
XML: View XML