Skip to Main Content
The Brazilian national system of forest permanent plotsAuthor(s): Yeda Maria Malheiros de Oliveira; Maria Augusta Doetzer Rosot; Patricia Povoa de Mottos; Joberto Veloso de Freitas; Guilherme Luis Augusto Gomide; <i>et al</i>
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 25-30.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (504.61 KB)
DescriptionThe Brazilian National System of Forest Permanent Plots (SisPP) is a governmental initiative designed and being implemented in partnership by the Ministry of Environment (MMA), represented by the National Forest Programme (PNF) and the Brazilian Forest Service (SFB) and the Embrapa Forestry (a research center of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation - Embrapa). The proposal was presented, discussed and approved by the Brazilian forest inventory community in a workshop carried out in September 2004. The methodological model converged to a national network organized by biomes, interconnecting existent initiatives (in the biomes Amazonia and Caatinga) and promoting new networks (in the biomes Cerrado, Pantanal and Atlantic Rain Forest).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationde Oliveira, Yeda Maria Malheiros; Rosot, Maria Augusta Doetzer; de Mottos, Patricia Povoa; de Freitas, Joberto Veloso; Gomide, Guilherme Luis Augusto; et al 2009. The Brazilian national system of forest permanent plots. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 25-30.
- Fighting forest fires in Brazil
- Land Use Dynamics in the Brazilian Amazon
- Sustainability for the Americas Initiative: Land Design Institute, Ball State University
XML: View XML