Skip to Main Content
Mapping Martinique's forests and other natural lands for land planning and developmentAuthor(s): Remi Teissier du Cros; Claude Vidal
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 31-38.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (939.88 KB)
DescriptionThe Regional Council of Martinique has chosen the French national forest inventory to realize Martinique's forest and other natural lands map. The project is divided into the three following steps: (1) nomenclature proposal and study area delineation; (2) mapping of the vegetation based on 2005 airborne orthophotographs, Geographic Information System-based slope and accessibility analysis maps, and a land cover change map based on the comparison of 2004 and 1951 airborne covers; crossed maps will be produced to show areas that can potentially be developed for agriculture, forestry, or land protection; (3) and presentation of the results.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationdu Cros, Remi Teissier; Vidal, Claude. 2009. Mapping Martinique''s forests and other natural lands for land planning and development. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 31-38.
- Comparison of U.S. Forest Land AreaEstimates From Forest Inventory and Analysis, National Resources Inventory, and Four Satellite Image-Derived Land Cover Data Sets
- Studies of land-cover, land-use, and biophysical properties of vegetation in the Large Scale Biosphere Atmosphere experiment in Amazonia.
- Mapping Forest Inventory and Analysis forest land use: timberland, reserved forest land, and other forest land
XML: View XML