Skip to Main Content
New functions and programs in Hypermap software development for internet-based displaying of FIA dataAuthor(s): Chris J. Cieszewski; Roger C. Lowe; Shangbin Liu; Ingvar Elle; Daniel Markewitz
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 375-391.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (11 MB)
DescriptionThis article describes updates on the development of various applications for the Hypermaps applications and the newest versions of the forest inventory data display tool, Interactive Fast Online Reports and Maps (InFORM). The development of InFORM applications is cosponsored by the University of Georgia, Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources; the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture's Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) unit; Georgia Forestry Commission; and National Commission on Science for Sustainable Forestry. InFORM provides an engaging and highly interactive interface, displays spatial information rapidly, obtains basic forest inventory summary data, and creates charts and tables describing the FIA inventory. Recent updates also make InFORM highly relevant for developing markets in carbon trading. InFORM fills the gap in public communication between the layman and the Geographic Information System professional by giving entry-level online access of spatial inventory data to users who are unable to navigate through other high-end, but less friendly, applications. In addition to being used as an Internet-based system, InFORM can also be used as a set of native applications on workstations and laptops.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCieszewski, Chris J.; Lowe, Roger C.; Liu, Shangbin; Elle, Ingvar; Markewitz, Daniel. 2009. New functions and programs in Hypermap software development for internet-based displaying of FIA data. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 375-391.
- Comparison of Programs Used for FIA Inventory Information Dissemination and Spatial Representation
- Forests of Georgia, 2014
- Forests of Georgia, 2013
XML: View XML