Skip to Main Content
SOLE: enhanced FIA data analysis capabilitiesAuthor(s): Michael Spinney; Paul Van Deusen
Source: In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 401-403.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (624.11 KB)
DescriptionThe Southern On Line Estimator (SOLE), is an Internet-based annual forest inventory and analysis (FIA) data analysis tool developed cooperatively by the National Council for Air and Stream Improvement and the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture's Forest Inventory and Analysis program at the Southern Research Station. Recent development of SOLE has enhanced data analysis capabilities to include diameter-based categorization of variables, mapping based on plot hex, and tree-volume growth projections. The breadth of analysis options provides a powerful system for FIA data mapping and analysis (http://ncasi.uml.edu/SOLE/).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpinney, Michael; Van Deusen, Paul. 2009. SOLE: enhanced FIA data analysis capabilities. In: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 401-403.
- Sole: Online Analysis of Southern FIA Data
- Challenges of working with FIADB17 data: the SOLE experience
- On-Line Analysis of Southern FIA Data
XML: View XML