Skip to Main Content
Making research more relevant: give it a try!Author(s): David W. Lime
Source: In: Todd, Sharon, comp., ed. 2002. Proceedings of the 2001 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-289. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 3-12.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (779.01 KB)
DescriptionBarriers to research use are common to most scientific disciplines and areas of investigation. This paper addresses three interrelated issues to enhancing the effectiveness of science to aid decision making specifically to outdoor recreation, leisure and tourism: (1) clearly defining and framing research problems, (2) enhancing the flow of research findings to those who need them, and (3) enhancing education and training of researchers and practitioners. Suggestions are offered to help deal with these and related barriers.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLime, David W. 2002. Making research more relevant: give it a try!. In: Todd, Sharon, comp., ed. 2002. Proceedings of the 2001 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-289. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 3-12.
- Western hardwoods : value-added research and demonstration program
- A public utility model for managing public land recreation enterprises.
- Informing Watershed Connectivity Barrier Prioritization Decisions: A Synthesis
XML: View XML