Skip to Main Content
Michigan's forests 2004Author(s): Scott A. Pugh; Mark H. Hansen; Lawrence D. Pedersen; Douglas C. Heym; Brett J. Butler; Susan J. Crocker; Dacia Meneguzzo; Charles H. Perry; David E. Haugen; Christopher Woodall; Ed Jepsen
Source: Resour. Bull. NRS-34. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 210 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (35.57 MB)
DescriptionThe first annual inventory of Michigan's forests, completed in 2004, covers more than 19.3 million acres of forest land. The data in this report are based on visits to 10,355 forested plots from 2000 to 2004. In addition to detailed information on forest attributes, this report includes data on forest health, biomass, land-use change, and timber-product outputs.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPugh, Scott A.; Hansen, Mark H.; Pedersen, Lawrence D.; Heym, Douglas C.; Butler, Brett J.; Crocker, Susan J.; Meneguzzo, Dacia; Perry, Charles H.; Haugen, David E.; Woodall, Christopher; Jepsen, Ed. 2009. Michigan's forests 2004. Resour. Bull. NRS-34. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 210 p.
Keywordsinventory, biomass, forest area, timberland, forest land, sustainability, volume, mortality, forest health, land-use change
- Indiana's Forests 2008
- Missouri's forests 2008
- Michigan's forests, 2004: statistics and quality assurance
XML: View XML