Skip to Main Content
Glossary of Terms Used in Timber Harvesting and Forest EngineeringAuthor(s): Bryce J. Stokes; Colin Ashmore; Cynthia L. Rawlins; Donald L. Sirois
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-73. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 33 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (7.0 MB)
DescriptionProvides definitions for 1,026 words and terms used in timber harvesting and forest engineering, with an emphasis on temrs related to timber harvesting operations. Terminology dealing with basic forestry, harvesting equipment, and economics is stressed.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStokes, Bryce J.; Ashmore, Colin; Rawlins, Cynthia L.; Sirois, Donald L. 1989. Glossary of Terms Used in Timber Harvesting and Forest Engineering. Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-73. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 33 p.
- Understanding the relationships between American ginseng harvest and hardwood forests inventory and timber harvest to improve co-management of the forests of eastern United States
- Simulating spatial and temporal context of forest management using hypothetical landscapes
- Use of indexing to update United States annual timber harvest by state
XML: View XML