Skip to Main Content
Evaluating Plot Designs for the TropicsAuthor(s): Paul C. van Deusen; Bruce Bayle
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-87. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 15 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (1.5 MB)
DescriptionTheory and procedures are reviewed for determining the best type of plot for a given forest inventory. A general methodology is given that clarifies the relationship between different plot designs and the associated methods to produce the inventory estimates.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationvan Deusen, Paul C.; Bayle, Bruce. 1991. Evaluating Plot Designs for the Tropics. Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-87. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 15 p.
- Projecting Timber Inventory at the Product Level
- Potential applications of prefield land use and canopy cover data: Examples from nonforest and nonsampled forest inventory plots
- The Southern Annual Forest Inventory System
XML: View XML