Skip to Main Content
RPA Assessment of Outdoor Recreation: Past, Current, and Future DirectionsAuthor(s): John C. Bergstrom; H. Ken Cordell
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SE-87. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 30 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionIn this paper, the outdoor recreation sections of the Renewable Resource Planning Act (RPA) Assessments conducted to date are reviewed. Current policy and mangement applications of the outsdoor recreation results published in 1989 Assessment are discussed also. The paper concludes with suggestions for the assemssment of outdoor recreation in future RPA Assessements.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBergstrom, John C.; Cordell, H. Ken; Langner, Linda. 1994. RPA Assessment of Outdoor Recreation: Past, Current, and Future Directions. Gen. Tech. Rep. SE-87. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 30 p.
Keywordsdemand and supply analaysis, natural resource policy, and mangement, research applications, future research needs
- Outdoor Recreation Benchmark 1988: Proceedings of the National Outdoor Recreation Forum
- Framework for the assessment
- Trends in land and water available for outdoor recreation
XML: View XML