Skip to Main Content
Changes in North Carolina's industrial roundwood products output, 1987-1990Author(s): Edgar L. Davenport
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-132. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 28 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (265 KB)
DescriptionOver 764 million cubic feet of industrial roundwood products were harvested from North Carolina's forests during 1990, approximately 17 million cubic feet more than in 1987. Pulpwood accounted for 43 percent and saw logs 43 percent of the total roundwood production. Output of byproducts dropped from nearly 318 million cubic feet in 1987 to 295 million cubic feet in 1990. A little over 5 million cubic feet of residues, nearly 2 percent of the total produced, were not used. A total of 366 primary wood-using plants operated in the State during 1990. Mill receipts of more than 748 million cubic feet were 2 percent less than the State's production. The State was a net exporter of industrial roundwood.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDavenport, Edgar L. 1992. Changes in North Carolina''s industrial roundwood products output, 1987-1990. Resour. Bull. SE-132. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 28 p.
Keywordssaw logs, pulpwood, veneer logs, mill residues
- Changes in Florida's industrial roundwood products output, 1987-1989
- Minnesota timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1992.
- Kentucky's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1995
XML: View XML