Outdoor Recreation Benchmark 1988: Proceedings of the National Outdoor Recreation ForumAuthor(s): Alan H. Watson
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SE-52. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 498 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (6.1 MB)
DescriptionBENCHMARK 1988: A National Outdoor Recreation and Wilderness Forum was the first national recreation assessment meeting. The need for this meeting grew out of the desire to incorporate scientific, planning, and administrative peer review into the 1989 RPA Assessment of Outdoor Recreation and Wilderness. This meeting brought together many university and government scientists, State and Federal planners, and Federal agency administrative policy decision makers to review and discuss the status of outdoor recreation and wilderness in the United States. The opportunities for interaction among these participants was expected to help make the RPA Assessment, and subsequent Program recom-mendations, more relevant to those who are affected and better grounded to a baseline of fact and prevailing opinion.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWatson, Alan H. 1989. Outdoor Recreation Benchmark 1988: Proceedings of the National Outdoor Recreation Forum. Gen. Tech. Rep. SE-52. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 498 p.
- RPA Assessment of Outdoor Recreation: Past, Current, and Future Directions
- Outdoor recreation participation trends
- An analysis of the outdoor recreation and wilderness situation in the United States, 1989-2040: A technical document supporting the 1989 USDA Forest Service RPA Assessment
XML: View XML