Skip to Main Content
Vascular flora of the Fernow Experimental Forest and adjacent portions of the Otter Creek Wilderness AreaAuthor(s): Robert B. Coxe; Steven L. Stephenson; Darlene M. Madarish; Gary W. Miller
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-344. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 23 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (280.03 KB)
DescriptionThe vascular flora of the region we considered include 94 families representing at least 461 species. Fifty-four of these or nearly 12 percent are species known to have been introduced. Asteraceae (46 species) is the single largest family; Cyperaceae (31), Liliaceae (29), Poaceae and Rosaceae (20 each) also are important families in the general study area. The 461 species of vascular plants recorded constitute only 17.2 percent of the total species (2,683) known from the State of West Virginia but account for a larger proportion (31.5 percent) of all species known from Tucker County or Randolph County.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCoxe, Robert B.; Stephenson, Steven L.; Madarish, Darlene M.; Miller, Gary W. 2006. Vascular flora of the Fernow Experimental Forest and adjacent portions of the Otter Creek Wilderness Area. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-344. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 23 p.
KeywordsAppalachians, plant community, mixed mesophytic forest
- Vascular plant species of the Pawnee National Grassland
- Fens and their rare plants in the Beartooth Mountains, Shoshone National Forest, Wyoming
- Vascular plants and a brief history of the Kiowa and Rita Blanca National Grasslands
XML: View XML