Biofuels, bioenergy, and bioproducts from sustainable agricultural and forest crops: proceedings of the short rotation crops international conferenceAuthor(s): Ronald S., Jr. Zalesny; Rob Mitchell; Jim, eds. Richardson
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-31. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 76 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (849.99 KB)
DescriptionThe goal of this conference was to initiate and provide opportunities for an international forum on the science and application of producing both agricultural and forest crops for biofuels, bioenergy, and bioproducts. There is a substantial global need for development of such systems and technologies that can economically and sustainably produce short rotation crops across multiple temporal and spatial scales. Topic areas were biological and environmental; and economic and policy implications of sustainable biofuels, bioenergy, and bioproducts. Presentations addressed anatomy, breeding, genetics, physiology, ecosystem services, phytotechnologies, and production systems, as well as conversion technologies, costs and operational feasibility, environmental impacts and review, social factors, policy issues, and regional logistics. Seventy-four abstracts from oral and poster presentations are included in these proceedings. CD-ROM.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZalesny, Ronald S., Jr.; Mitchell, Rob; Richardson, Jim, eds. 2008. Biofuels, bioenergy, and bioproducts from sustainable agricultural and forest crops: proceedings of the short rotation crops international conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-31. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 76 p.
Keywordsbiodiesel, biodiversity, biomass, conservation, crop improvement, ethanol, lignocellulosics, productivity, sustainability, yield
- Woody biomass from short rotation energy crops
- Woody biomass from short rotation energy crops. Chapter 2
- Dual-cropping loblolly pine for biomass energy and conventional wood products
XML: View XML